Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, June 6, 2008

Thing #7 Google Stuff

I explored the Picasa page. Not sure about making pictures public, so I chose carefully. Here is the album I came up with to show some of our trip to Hawaii. http://picasaweb.google.com/kkdoan96

Next I did an advanced we search for Texas History. I found http://texashistory.unt.edu/young/educators/alamo/index.shtml
which not only had a slide show but also a lesson plan for a fourth, seventh and eighth grade lesson! Cool!

It was easy to use both of these! Like a said before, we are hoping to get some digital cameras with a small grant. We can use the picasa website to share our photo journals with parents. I think they would LOVE to have that form of communication and involvement. We would of course use the site in that case as a invitation only. The advanced search would make lessons very easy! It also might make classroom presentations quite different!

3 comments:

VWB said...

I am interested in your feelings of Picasa over Flickr for school-related stuff. Would you share some thoughts?

What?? said...

I liked the picasa option to share by invitation. I am not sure if Flickr offers that option or not, but if the kids are in the pictures you would have to go through all kinds of permission slips and red tape to publish their pictures on the web. I think a lot of parents would enjoy being invited to see our photo journals. They would also have the option at that point to print the pictures of interest to them.

Unknown said...

I like the thought of using Picasa to share pictures of kids also. I loved being able to search in Flickr, but really like the fact that you have the option to keep Picasa private. My opinion may be tempered by the fact that I've been using Picasa for several months and am comfortable with it and the fact that our church has been using it this summer to share pictures of our youth while they are away on trips.