Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, June 16, 2008

Thing #16 WIKI

Last year our illustrious librarian tried to start one of these at our school. I loved the idea but was frustrated when I tried to contribute because I had NO idea how to manipulate the thing. Now I can go back to the site she created and contribute! He He! Who knew it was so easy! I think that this could be great! Some people have said that WIKIs are blocked. Assuming that they were allowed, you could have students grouped by interest across a grade level and complete projects together by WIKI. Sharing the information they find and generating a network through technology! WOW what fun! You could even work with students from other schools. Maybe the spiral and PGP programs should look into it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your illustrious librarian knew very little about WIKIS at the time so an industrious Library Science Student set up the WIKI. Now that a few more of us know about WIKIS maybe I'm hoping we can make it useful this year. :)

arkreynolds said...

Good luck putting the WIKI's to good use this school year!