Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thing #19

I liked the awards list. There are so mny possiblilties out there for things to look at. I liked the fact that someone had taked time to look at these sites and now instead of millions of sites to look at there are 4 recommended. I found it a lot less intimidating than doing a search for something and getting hundreds of possibilities back. There were some sites listed there that I had thought about looking at before and since they were there I did finally get the chance to go explore.

Like Craig's List. I got the chance to go in a look around. I thought that was a great resource. Recently I was trying to get an ipod for my mom on ebay. I didn't even think about going to Craig's list. It might have saved me hours of waiting on auctions. The thing that is scary about CL is getting the items from the sellers. That part makes me cringe a little.

I also looked at the site Spanishpod. Looks very cool. They offer 217 FREE lessons and a few thousand conversations. I know quite a bit of Spanish, but I would be intrigued to see if the classes were worth it. The first site they listed for education was a bunch of document templates. Could be useful but not what I was looking for.

I looked at the book sites also. I guess I was stuck in the world of Amazon and B&N, not thinking there might be more sites to buy from. Lulu also had a publishing section. Hmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi I am the host of SpanishPod. You can actually have a free trial. We offer lessons on traveling, meeting friends, business, medical we even have a Soap Opera. We believe learning a language should be on your own terms.
Try it out!
Saludos! desde SpanishPod!